The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position is located in Abuja, Nigeria.
Lead the implementation of food safety and quality management and/or food product optimisation initiatives within a CO or support regional or global initiatives. Job holders are responsible for partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Establish and implement protocols and tools relating to food technology issues, such as food safety and quality and food product optimisation, ensuring alignment with WFP procurement and supply chain strategy, policies and plans.
2. Review and provide advice on the procedures for mitigating and documenting food quality and safety issues e.g. during food transit and storage in warehouses.
3. Establish and implement protocols and tools in country offices that enable rapid response to situations with food safety concerns.
4. Provide technical guidance and input to country offices in the design and implementation of medium scale and/or relatively straight forward food assistance programmes, ensuring compliance with WFP food and safety regulations.
5. Lead and motivate a small team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
6. Develop and deliver training modules to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas of food technology, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity in the processing and/or production of specialized nutritious foods.
7. Prepare accurate and timely reports that inform food risk assessment and management, and contribute to a WFP wide view of food technology activities, enabling informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Build relationships and collaborate with counterparts in key supply chain functions to establish standard operation procedures, protocols and tools that maintain, monitor and verify food safety and quality along the WFP supply chain.
9. Build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to enhance WFP capacity to respond effectively to levels of under nutrition.
10. Keep current on emerging developments and cutting edge research on the areas of food safety and quality and/or food product optimization in order to leverage the opportunities to incorporate industry best practices.
11. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
12. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Food Quality Management||Guides team on the principles of matching food types with local needs and capabilities across the supply chain (e.g., storage capacity) to optimize impact of WFP resources.|
|Research & Development||Demonstrates ability to oversee research that assesses the health status of a population and the link back to basic nutrition requirements and needs.|
|Commodity Knowledge||Utilizes in-depth knowledge of food product optimization and broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes to provide technical guidance to country offices in design of food assistance programmes.|
|Incidence & Risk Communication Management||Educates unit/region on the appropriate procedures for handling and communicating risks as they emerge in a timely and safe manner.|
|Ethics & Compliance||Drafts plan for audit queries and process improvements in line with ethics/compliance standards, donor requirements, and operating procedures.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Food Technology, Health Sciences, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field, or First University degree with an additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked in emergency response capacity.
• Has worked with counterparts in supply chain function.
• Has experience monitoring and assessing food safety and quality issues.
• Has experience building strong external relationships.
• Has experience working on developing food assistance programmes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application is 13 January 2017
|공지||2017.06.22||[프리미엄] ★UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 후원5팀 직원 채용||2017-06-30|
|공지||2017.06.22||[프리미엄] ★GGGI(서울) Executive Assistant, ADG (IPSD) (보좌관)(한국인) 채용||2017-06-29|
|공지||2017.06.22||[프리미엄] ★GGGI(서울) Executive Assistant, ADG (GGP&I) (보좌관)(한국인) 채용||2017-07-03|
|공지||2017.06.21||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Portfolio Data Management Assistant Consultant 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.21||[프리미엄] Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) (서울) Oceans Campaigner 채용||2017-07-31|
|공지||2017.06.21||[프리미엄] 국제핵융합실험로(ITER) (초급) Tokamak/Building Integration Engineer 채용(제203차)||2017-07-23|
|공지||2017.06.20||[프리미엄] UNESCO아태무형유산센터 국제협력 직원 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.20||[프리미엄] UNESCO아태무형유산센터 전산정보 직원 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.20||[프리미엄] ICRC(국제적십자위원회) (제네바) 유급 E-learning Trainee 모집||2017-06-24|
|공지||2017.06.19||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(6월 19일까지 종합) 24개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.06.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Financial Consultant(재정) 채용||2017-06-29|
|공지||2017.06.19||[프리미엄] ERM(환경자원관리)(부산) Consultant 채용||2017-06-27|
|공지||2017.06.19||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) Officer, GHGs MRV Capacity Building 채용||2017-07-09|
|공지||2017.06.18||★★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.06.17||[프리미엄] UNESCO APCEIU(서울) 연수협력팀 업무 지원 직원 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.17||[프리미엄] UNESCO APCEIU(서울) 문화홍보소통실 업무 지원 직원 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.17||[프리미엄] UNHCR 한국대표부(서울) PSP Assistant (Fundraising Communication) (모금 커뮤나케이션 담당직원) 채용||2017-07-06|
|공지||2017.06.17||[프리미엄] UNHCR한국대표부(서울) PSP Assistant(Donor Retention) (민간모금팀의 후원자 서비스 담당직원) 채용||2017-07-06|
|공지||2017.06.17||[프리미엄] UNHCR한국대표부(서울) PSP Assistant(Leadership Giving(기업파트너십담당직원) 채용||2017-07-06|
|공지||2017.06.16||[프리미엄] ★★World Bank(Washington,DC) (초급) Young Professionals Program (YPP) 채용채용||2017-07-28|
|공지||2017.06.16||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) Senior Analyst, GHGs Data Measurement and Management for Transparent MRV 채용||2017-07-06|
|공지||2017.06.15||[프리미엄] Oxfam(서울) 신규 및 경력 직원 채용||2017-06-25|
|공지||2017.06.13||[프리미엄] UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 사내변호사 채용||2017-07-10|
|공지||2017.06.12||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Land Degradation Technical Advisor Consultant(토지저하) 채용||2017-06-24|
|공지||2017.06.10||[프리미엄] UNESCO APCEIU(서울) 국제교사교류 사업 담당 직원 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.06.10||[프리미엄] ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Information Systems Officer , P-2 채용||2017-06-30|
|공지||2017.06.09||[프리미엄]★GGGI(서울) Executive Assistant - ADG(STA 1448)(보좌관) (한국인) 채용||2017-06-29|
|공지||2017.06.07||[프리미엄] UN DESA(인천) SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT EXPERT(지속개발), P3 채용||2017-07-05|
|공지||2017.06.06||[프리미엄]★★2017년 6월 이후 주요 국제기구채용 및 지원시기|
|공지||2017.05.31||[프리미엄] ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Information Systems Officer, P-2 채용||2017-06-30|
|공지||2017.05.30||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Editorial Support Specialist(사설 지원) 채용||2017-06-29|
|공지||2017.05.30||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Country Climate Change Economist(기후변화경제) 채용||2017-06-28|
|공지||2017.05.30||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Talent Management Specialist(재능관리) 채용||2017-06-26|
|공지||2017.05.27||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) Systems Integrator 채용|
|공지||2017.05.20||[프리미엄] UN OHRM(뉴욕) (초급) Nurse(간호), P2 채용||2017-06-24|
|공지||2017.05.07||한국인 국제기구 진출인원 현황(2016년말 기준)|
|공지||2017.05.07||평범한 직장인 국제기구 취업기|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|2378||2016.11.28||Save the Children(서울) 세이브더칠드런 인재풀 지원||2017-12-31|
|2377||2017.05.29||UNHCR(유엔난민기구) Field Safety Advisor(Pool인력확보) 채용||2017-12-31|
|2376||2017.05.29||UNHCR(유엔난민기구) ICT Officer (Infra)(Pool인력확보) 채용||2017-12-31|
|2375||2017.06.24||[프리미엄] UN YPP 시험 Political, Peace, Humanitarian and Human Rights (POLNET), P2 (현 G급 근무자 대상) 채용||2017-08-22|
|2374||2017.06.24||[프리미엄] UN YPP 시험 Administration, Evaluation, Finance, Human Resources, Investigation, Procurement (MAGNET), P2(현 G급 근무자 대상)||2017-08-22|
|2373||2017.06.24||[프리미엄] UNJSPF(연금국) Investment Compliance Officer(투자), P3 채용||2017-08-05|
|2372||2017.06.15||ITU(국제전기통신연합) (초급) Human Capacity Building Officer, P-2 채용||2017-07-30|
|2371||2017.06.19||UN ESCAP(방콕) Programme Officer, P4 채용||2017-07-29|
|2370||2017.06.13||국제핵융합실험로(ITER) 공동개발사업 ITER 국제기구 채용후보자 모집 공고(제202차) 채용||2017-07-28|
|2369||2017.06.15||UNODC(마약범죄기구) Adviser (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism) (자금세탁방지)), P4 채용||2017-07-28|
|2368||2017.06.15||UN DPI(뉴욕) Librarian(사서), P-4 채용||2017-07-28|
|2367||2017.06.15||UN DESA(뉴욕) Sustainable Development Officer(지속개발), P-4 채용||2017-07-28|
|2366||2017.06.23||[프리미엄] ★★세계은행(WB) YPP 채용||2017-07-28|
|2365||2017.06.24||[프리미엄] 세계은행(WB) Financial Officer 등 3개 직위 채용||2017-07-28|
|2364||2017.06.13||UN OCHA(인도적 지원국) (뉴욕) Finance and Budget Officer(재정), P3 채용||2017-07-26|
|2363||2017.06.14||IAEA(비엔나) Statistician(통계), P3 채용||2017-07-25|
|2362||2017.06.10||UN DESA(뉴욕) Economic Affairs Officer(경제), P-4 채용||2017-07-22|