The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position is located in Abuja, Nigeria.
Lead the implementation of food safety and quality management and/or food product optimisation initiatives within a CO or support regional or global initiatives. Job holders are responsible for partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Establish and implement protocols and tools relating to food technology issues, such as food safety and quality and food product optimisation, ensuring alignment with WFP procurement and supply chain strategy, policies and plans.
2. Review and provide advice on the procedures for mitigating and documenting food quality and safety issues e.g. during food transit and storage in warehouses.
3. Establish and implement protocols and tools in country offices that enable rapid response to situations with food safety concerns.
4. Provide technical guidance and input to country offices in the design and implementation of medium scale and/or relatively straight forward food assistance programmes, ensuring compliance with WFP food and safety regulations.
5. Lead and motivate a small team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
6. Develop and deliver training modules to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas of food technology, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity in the processing and/or production of specialized nutritious foods.
7. Prepare accurate and timely reports that inform food risk assessment and management, and contribute to a WFP wide view of food technology activities, enabling informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Build relationships and collaborate with counterparts in key supply chain functions to establish standard operation procedures, protocols and tools that maintain, monitor and verify food safety and quality along the WFP supply chain.
9. Build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to enhance WFP capacity to respond effectively to levels of under nutrition.
10. Keep current on emerging developments and cutting edge research on the areas of food safety and quality and/or food product optimization in order to leverage the opportunities to incorporate industry best practices.
11. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
12. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Food Quality Management||Guides team on the principles of matching food types with local needs and capabilities across the supply chain (e.g., storage capacity) to optimize impact of WFP resources.|
|Research & Development||Demonstrates ability to oversee research that assesses the health status of a population and the link back to basic nutrition requirements and needs.|
|Commodity Knowledge||Utilizes in-depth knowledge of food product optimization and broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes to provide technical guidance to country offices in design of food assistance programmes.|
|Incidence & Risk Communication Management||Educates unit/region on the appropriate procedures for handling and communicating risks as they emerge in a timely and safe manner.|
|Ethics & Compliance||Drafts plan for audit queries and process improvements in line with ethics/compliance standards, donor requirements, and operating procedures.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Food Technology, Health Sciences, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field, or First University degree with an additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked in emergency response capacity.
• Has worked with counterparts in supply chain function.
• Has experience monitoring and assessing food safety and quality issues.
• Has experience building strong external relationships.
• Has experience working on developing food assistance programmes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application is 13 January 2017
|공지||2017.04.25||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) (초급) Associate Professional – Mitigation and Adaptation 채용||2017-05-15|
|공지||2017.04.25||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) (초급) Portfolio Analyst 채용||2017-05-17|
|공지||2017.04.24||[프리미엄]★ASEAN Korea Center(한-아세안센터)(서울) Assistant Officer 채용||2017-05-05|
|공지||2017.04.24||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(4월 24일까지 종합) 18개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.04.21||[프리미엄] GGGI(Global) (유급) 2017 Annual Internship 채용||2017-05-08|
|공지||2017.04.21||[프리미엄] 중남미기구 ECLAC 사무국(칠레 산티아고) 한국인 경제·통상 분야 전문가 파견 선발 공고||2017-05-19|
|공지||2017.04.21||[프리미엄] ADB(아시아개발은행) Energy Specialist(에너지) 채용||2017-05-08|
|공지||2017.04.20||[프리미엄]★UNESCO아태교육원(서울) 사업보조인력(Programme Assistant) 채용||2017-05-07|
|공지||2017.04.20||[프리미엄]★(KOICA협력사업) WHO(동티모르) 소외열대질환 통합관리 프로그램 소외열대질환 기술전문관(NTD Technical Officer(P3)) 후보자 공개 모집||2017-05-04|
|공지||2017.04.20||[프리미엄] ★GGGI(서울) Principal - Agroforestry and Agribusiness development 채용||2017-05-11|
|공지||2017.04.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) 6개 직위 (유급)인턴 모집|
|공지||2017.04.19||[프리미엄](참가비장학지원)「온드림 글로벌 아카데미」 참가자 모집||2017-05-07|
|공지||2017.04.18||[프리미엄]★GCF(송도) Operations Assistant Consultants for Country Programming (한국인 2명) 채용||2017-04-30|
|공지||2017.04.18||[프리미엄]★Oxfam(서울) 대면모금팀 신입 및 경력 직원 채용||2017-04-30|
|공지||2017.04.17||[프리미엄]★GGGI(서울) Finance Associate(재정)(한국인) 채용||2017-05-08|
|공지||2017.04.14||[프리미엄] ★★(비용지급) 2017년도 하반기 중남미 지역기구 파견인턴 선발 공고||2017-05-12|
|공지||2017.04.13||국제 보건 협력을 향한 청년들의 첫걸음(국제 보건 분야 역량 강화 및 진출 가이드) 포럼 참여 공고||2017-05-13|
|공지||2017.04.12||[프리미엄]★★IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Research Scientist (Epidemiology Unit) 채용||2017-05-11|
|공지||2017.04.11||[프리미엄]GCF(인천) Financial Management Analyst - Readiness 채용||2017-05-11|
|공지||2017.04.11||[프리미엄]GCF(인천) Web Developer (Full Stack) 채용||2017-05-11|
|공지||2017.04.11||[프리미엄]★★UN ESCAP(인천) Team Assistant, G4 채용||2017-05-04|
|공지||2017.04.06||★★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.04.02||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) Associate Professional - Communications Design 채용||2017-04-28|
|공지||2017.04.02||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Credit Risk Specialist 채용||2017-04-30|
|공지||2017.04.01||[프리미엄] ★GCF(인천) Social Media Associate 채용||2017-04-28|
|공지||2017.03.29||[프리미엄]★Greenpeace(서울) Multimedia Producer(멀티미디어 PD) 채용|
|공지||2017.03.28||[프리미엄] ICRC(국제적십자위원회) Water & Habitat Engineer 채용|
|공지||2017.03.26||[프리미엄]★★2017년 향후 주요 국제기구 채용/지원시기(2017년 4월~12얼)|
|공지||2017.03.21||[프리미엄]★Liberty in North Korea Seoul Office(서울) HR & OFFICE MANAGER 채용|
|공지||2017.03.20||[프리미엄]★★★World Bank(세계은행) (한국인) 초급전문가(JPO) 2017년 선발 공고||2017-04-28|
|공지||2017.03.16||[프리미엄] 2017 재생에너지 전환 수상후보자 공모 (Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge 2017)||2017-04-30|
|공지||2017.03.09||[프리미엄]★ITU(제네바) (초급) Junior Webmaster(웹마스터) , P-2 채용||2017-05-08|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2016.11.03||[프리미엄] IMF(국제통화기금) 2017 Research Assistant Program(RAP) 채용||2017-05-31|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|2119||2016.11.28||Save the Children(서울) 세이브더칠드런 인재풀 지원||2017-12-31|
|2118||2017.03.03||IFAD(국제농업개발기금) Financial Management Consultant(재정관리) 채용||2017-06-30|
|2117||2017.04.26||[프리미엄] UN OCSS(뉴욕) Procurement Officer(조달), P3 채용||2017-06-08|
|2116||2017.04.24||UN DSS(뉴욕) Security Coordination Officer(군.경찰 출신 우대), P3 채용||2017-06-03|
|2115||2017.04.20||UNCTAD(유엔무역개발회의)(제네바) Economic Affairs Officer(경제), P-3 채용||2017-06-02|
|2114||2017.04.14||IFAD(국제농업개발기금) Finance Specialist (Investment Management)(투자관리), P-3 채용||2017-05-28|
|2113||2017.04.13||UN ESCAP(방콕) Chief of Section, Economic Affairs, P5(경제), P5 채용||2017-05-26|
|2112||2017.04.13||UN ECLAC(산티아고) Social Affairs Officer, P3(사회) 채용||2017-05-26|
|2111||2017.04.25||GCF(인천) Renewable Energy Specialist(재생에너지) 채용||2017-05-22|
|2110||2017.04.26||[프리미엄] ★GCF(인천) (한국인) Accounting Assistant / Senior Assistant(회계) 채용||2017-05-22|
|2109||2017.04.07||UNCFAD(제네바) ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICER, P3 채용||2017-05-20|
|2108||2017.04.07||UN DSS(뉴욕) (초급) Associate Security Analyst (2 posts), P2 채용||2017-05-20|
|2107||2017.04.06||UN ECLAC(산티아고) Social Affairs Officer(사회), P4 채용||2017-05-19|
|2106||2017.04.05||UN ESCAP(방콕) Statistician(통계), P4 채용||2017-05-18|
|2105||2017.04.19||UNEP(제네바) Programme Management Officer(프로그램 관리), P-3 채용||2017-05-17|
|2104||2017.04.25||GCF(인천) Project Officer 채용||2017-05-17|
|2103||2017.04.14||IAEA(비엔나) (초급) IT Systems Engineer(P2) 채용||2017-05-15|