The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position is located in Abuja, Nigeria.
Lead the implementation of food safety and quality management and/or food product optimisation initiatives within a CO or support regional or global initiatives. Job holders are responsible for partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Establish and implement protocols and tools relating to food technology issues, such as food safety and quality and food product optimisation, ensuring alignment with WFP procurement and supply chain strategy, policies and plans.
2. Review and provide advice on the procedures for mitigating and documenting food quality and safety issues e.g. during food transit and storage in warehouses.
3. Establish and implement protocols and tools in country offices that enable rapid response to situations with food safety concerns.
4. Provide technical guidance and input to country offices in the design and implementation of medium scale and/or relatively straight forward food assistance programmes, ensuring compliance with WFP food and safety regulations.
5. Lead and motivate a small team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
6. Develop and deliver training modules to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas of food technology, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity in the processing and/or production of specialized nutritious foods.
7. Prepare accurate and timely reports that inform food risk assessment and management, and contribute to a WFP wide view of food technology activities, enabling informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Build relationships and collaborate with counterparts in key supply chain functions to establish standard operation procedures, protocols and tools that maintain, monitor and verify food safety and quality along the WFP supply chain.
9. Build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to enhance WFP capacity to respond effectively to levels of under nutrition.
10. Keep current on emerging developments and cutting edge research on the areas of food safety and quality and/or food product optimization in order to leverage the opportunities to incorporate industry best practices.
11. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
12. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Food Quality Management||Guides team on the principles of matching food types with local needs and capabilities across the supply chain (e.g., storage capacity) to optimize impact of WFP resources.|
|Research & Development||Demonstrates ability to oversee research that assesses the health status of a population and the link back to basic nutrition requirements and needs.|
|Commodity Knowledge||Utilizes in-depth knowledge of food product optimization and broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes to provide technical guidance to country offices in design of food assistance programmes.|
|Incidence & Risk Communication Management||Educates unit/region on the appropriate procedures for handling and communicating risks as they emerge in a timely and safe manner.|
|Ethics & Compliance||Drafts plan for audit queries and process improvements in line with ethics/compliance standards, donor requirements, and operating procedures.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Food Technology, Health Sciences, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field, or First University degree with an additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked in emergency response capacity.
• Has worked with counterparts in supply chain function.
• Has experience monitoring and assessing food safety and quality issues.
• Has experience building strong external relationships.
• Has experience working on developing food assistance programmes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application is 13 January 2017
|공지||2017.08.18||[프리미엄] ASEAN-Korea Center(서울) 기획 총무국 (사업평가 및 연수담당) 채용||2017-08-27|
|공지||2017.08.18||[프리미엄] ASEAN-Korea Center(서울) 기획 총무국 (회계담당) 채용||2017-08-27|
|공지||2017.08.18||[프리미엄] ★★ADB(아시아개발은행) (유급) Internship Opportunities(11개 직위) 채용||2017-10-15|
|공지||2017.08.17||[프리미엄] UNICEF한국위원회(서울) online 광고 운영 담당 직원 채용||2017-08-23|
|공지||2017.08.17||[프리미엄] International Trade Centre(국제무역센터) Fellowship 채용||2017-10-15|
|공지||2017.08.16||[프리미엄] AIIB(아시아인프라투자은행) Principal/Senior Financial Control Specialist 채용||2017-09-04|
|공지||2017.08.16||[프리미엄] WIPO(세계지적재산권기구) (초급) Associate Complaints Officer, P-2 채용||2017-08-29|
|공지||2017.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 20개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.08.11||[프리미엄]★EAAFP(동아시아-대양주 철새 이동경로 파트너십)(인천) Programme Officer(사업 담당자) 채용||2017-08-27|
|공지||2017.08.11||[프리미엄]★IRENA(국제재생에너지기구) 유급 인턴(월180만원) 채용(외교부주관)||2017-08-22|
|공지||2017.08.10||[프리미엄]★★UN OHCHR(서울) Human Rights Officer(인권), P3 채용||2017-09-20|
|공지||2017.08.10||[프리미엄] ICAO(국제민간항공기구)(모트리올) (초급) Associate Aviation Officer (Analysis Tools Implementation) 채용||2017-08-21|
|공지||2017.08.09||UN DPKO(뉴욕) Security Sector Reform Officer, P4 채용||2017-09-21|
|공지||2017.08.08||[프리미엄]★International Bar Association(세계변호사협회) 아시아본부(서울) Conference and Marketing Administrator 채용||2017-08-18|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.08.06||★2017년 8월 이후 주요 국제기구채용 및 지원시기|
|공지||2017.08.05||[프리미엄]★FAO(로마.방콕) 2017년 하반기 유급인턴 9개월 파견(비용지원)||2017-08-18|
|공지||2017.08.04||[프리미엄]★UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 기업후원팀장 채용||2017-08-28|
|공지||2017.08.03||[프리미엄]★ERM(환경자원관리)(서울) Senior Consultant 채용||2017-08-18|
|공지||2017.08.01||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) HR Assistant(한국인) 채용||2017-08-29|
|공지||2017.07.31||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(7월 31일까지 종합) 18개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.07.28||국제금융기구 한국인 직원 현황(2017.7.28)|
|공지||2017.07.26||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) Systems Support Analyst 채용|
|공지||2017.07.26||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Head of Clinical Development & Regulatory 채용|
|공지||2017.07.25||★★2017년 UN 전문직 직원 급여 소개|
|공지||2017.07.25||[프리미엄]WWF(세계자연기금)(서울) Campaign-Fundraingers(기금모금캠페인) 채용|
|공지||2017.07.25||[프리미엄]WWF(세계자연기금)(서울) Fundraising Acquisition Senior Officer(기금모금) 채용||2017-08-20|
|공지||2017.07.19||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소) (서울) Project Research Assistant 채용||2017-08-31|
|공지||2017.07.19||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소) (서울) Post-Doctoral Fellow 2명 채용||2017-08-31|
|공지||2017.07.17||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소) (서울) Researcher (Epidemiology)(전염병) 채용||2017-08-31|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|2588||2016.11.28||Save the Children(서울) 세이브더칠드런 인재풀 지원||2017-12-31|
|2587||2017.05.29||UNHCR(유엔난민기구) Field Safety Advisor(Pool인력확보) 채용||2017-12-31|
|2586||2017.05.29||UNHCR(유엔난민기구) ICT Officer (Infra)(Pool인력확보) 채용||2017-12-31|
|2585||2017.07.21||UNHCR(유엔난민기구) Field Safety Advisor 채용||2017-12-31|
|2584||2017.08.17||[프리미엄] International Trade Centre(국제무역센터) Fellowship 채용||2017-10-15|
|2583||2017.08.18||[프리미엄] ★★ADB(아시아개발은행) (유급) Internship Opportunities(11개 직위) 채용||2017-10-15|
|2582||2017.08.18||UNOG(제네바) CONFERENCE AFFAIRS OFFICER(회의), P4 채용||2017-09-29|
|2581||2017.07.13||OECD본부 Statistician(s)(통계) 채용||2017-09-28|
|2580||2017.08.16||UN DFS(뉴욕) Logistics Officer(병참), Performance Management, P4 채용||2017-09-27|
|2579||2017.08.13||UNJSPF(연금국)(뉴욕) Benefits Officer, P3(인사.급여 분야), P3 채용||2017-09-24|
|2578||2017.08.09||UN DPKO(뉴욕) Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Officer(군축), P4 채용||2017-09-21|
|2577||2017.08.09||UN DPKO(뉴욕) Security Sector Reform Officer, P4 채용||2017-09-21|
|2576||2017.08.10||UN DPKO(뉴욕) Planning Officer (Military), P4(군사), P4 채용||2017-09-21|
|2575||2017.08.12||UN DPA(뉴욕) Political Affairs Officer(정치), P3 채용||2017-09-20|
|2574||2017.08.08||UN OHCHR(제네바) Human Rights Officer(인권), P4 채용||2017-09-20|
|2573||2017.08.08||UN ECE(제네바) ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS OFFICER(환경), P3 채용||2017-09-20|
|2572||2017.08.09||UNEP(방콕) Humanitarian Affairs Officer (Programme Officer Disasters and Conflicts), P4 채용||2017-09-20|
|2571||2017.08.10||IAEA(비엔나) (초급) Database Administrator(P2) 채용||2017-09-20|
|2570||2017.08.10||[프리미엄]★★UN OHCHR(서울) Human Rights Officer(인권), P3 채용||2017-09-20|
|2569||2017.08.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Senior Portfolio Specialist(포트폴리오) 채용||2017-09-18|