Job ID: 651148 | Amzn Corporate Services Korea
Principal - Infra Country Manager, South Korea
AWS is growing at a rapid pace, but with the growth opportunity ahead we are still at “Day One” for cloud computing. The Infrastructure Team at AWS plans, builds, and grows the infrastructure to support AWS services, including data centers, networks, and servers. Our mission is to deliver the highest performance and lowest cost infrastructure in the world. Do you want to be at the forefront of cloud computing, formulating data center infrastructure strategies and negotiating deals that will change how the world accesses and understands IT? Are you ready for a leadership position, engaged with C-Suite executives across the internet infrastructure industry, and owning the infrastructure strategy for India? Are you excited by large, complex and highly visible issues that have impact on a global scale? Do you love growing a business? If this describes you, we invite you to consider managing the Korea region for AWS.
As the Principal -Infra Country Manager, South Korea(ICM), you will be located in Seoul and responsible for AWS's IT infrastructure in South Korea, tasked with defining and communicating the vision and synchronized execution to build, launch and expand infrastructure in South Korea to support AWS. The ICM is the single-threaded owner responsible for understanding all costs impacting the South Korea AWS business. The ICM is the owner accountable for identifying, quantifying and resolving complex tasks that stretch across multiple functions to drive the difficult decisions in prioritizing agendas across the organization that impact the fundamental business case, our ability to launch or expand in the country. The ICM is responsible for looking around corners at the intersection of these functions and across all aspects of the business operations as they relate to costs of our infrastructure, in order to forecast cross-business emergent problems and identify opportunistic synergies. The ICM is a core member of the leadership team in South Korea that enables us to make faster and more well-informed decisions. The ICM is accountable for ensuring that each of the subject matter experts are driving the right agenda in the best interests of the entire business. The ICM’s scope includes engagement on: new region planning, real estate, construction, energy, telecom, data center operations, security, tax, regulatory compliance, capacity expansion, internal coordination and leadership communication, budget management, competitive landscape, and other aspects of the business strategy and operations in South Korea.
You will have sufficient technical skills to understand IT architecture, data centers, network as well as unparalleled communication skills with the ability to interact with all functions, disciplines, and levels in the organization. The ICM will also be able to identify the needs of domestic and international customers and translate those requirements into infrastructure and business requirements that can be executed across the organization.
This is a highly visible and critical position that will play a big role in the future expansion of AWS in South Korea. A successful candidate is a senior professional who possesses both business acumen and experience to effectively lead cross-functional teams, while also driving decisions at the CXO/VP level. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humor. This position involves direct contact with business owners, external parties including outside legal counsel, developers, utilities, and government officials. Proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management is plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Driving an integrated AWS Country Strategy and Business Plan to launch a financially viable business, support customers, and manage growth
· Understand the P&L cost drivers and impact – identify owners and plans to reduce/solve for long term business impact.
· Driving further tactical cooperation and coordination across the business teams in-country to track to the approved Country Strategy and Business Plan
· Engaging with key government or business partners at the executive levels
· Supporting all business and functional activities to ensure growth, including but not limited to business operations, external communications, and government relations
· Reporting to AWS senior leadership on:
- Timetables for business milestones
- Health of key business and government partnerships
- Current status and forecasted unit costs, revenues, demand and capacity
- Major customer acquisition targets and events that will impact infrastructure needs
- Emerging customer impact issues
- Emerging business risks
· Assessing the local talent through the OLR process to ensure that we have the best and brightest talent in-country
· Execute the business plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, AWS Services, Networking, Data Center Engineering, Legal, Tax, Public Policy, HR, Data Center Operations, Data Center Construction, Real Estate, etc.).
· Adopt, embody and share the Amazon Leadership Principles with colleagues as a means to proliferate the unique and core aspects of the Amazon culture
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization across multiple teams.
· Experience dealing with corporate business leaders, high-level government officials, and community leaders
· Highly Organized
· Familiar with infrastructure (Data Center, Network, Fiber) as well as AWS Cloud Business.
· Strong business acumen with budget and financial management experience
· Have an entrepreneurial spirit and can work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must
· Experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from disparate sources to drive conclusions and recommendations
· Able to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to get your hands dirty and get the job done
· MBA and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired;
· Exhibit excellent judgment
· Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Be able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business
· Have passion, convictions, and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· A strong results orientation
· Think big
· Operating a business internationally
· Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing based.
· Experience with high value, complex contract negotiations across relevant internet infrastructure categories (data center / colocation / supply chain / fiber / real estate / energy / incentives / transit).
· Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
· Understanding data center operations.
· Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS SharePoint.
· Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
· Ability to understand the business case, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing analysis, marketing strategy, financial (P&L) models, and go-to-market strategies for international markets
· Become the subject matter expert on specific international markets; recommend market entry strategies from an infrastructure perspective while understanding the business and customer needs.
· Master degree in business
· Commercial Land / real estate background a plus
· Legal Background a plus
· Project Management Background a plus
· A technical background in engineering or computer science a plus
· Data Center Infrastructure supply chain experience.
· Data Center / Collocation Negotiation.
· Land / real estate negotiation.
· Having strong contacts in the Data Center and Networking markets.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Multi-lingual capabilities.
· Start-up business experience is a plus
Professional traits not unique to this position, but necessary for all Amazon leaders:
Exhibit excellent judgment
Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
Be able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business
Have passion, convictions, and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
A strong results orientation
Share this job
|공지||2018.08.15||[프리미엄] (호주) 신한은행 시드니지점, Accounting Manager 채용||2018-08-24|
|공지||2018.08.15||[프리미엄] 주독일 한국대사관 행정직원 채용||2018-08-25|
|공지||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내외 대사관/문화원/무역관 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 15개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]주한캐나다대사관(서울) Common Service Assistant 채용||2018-08-19|
|공지||2018.08.14||[프리미엄] 주한영국대사관(서울) Trade Policy & Market Access Officer 채용||2018-08-27|
|공지||2018.08.12||[프리미엄] (미국) Registered Nurse USA(미국 간호사) 채용||2018-10-24|
|공지||2018.08.11||[프리미엄] ERM(환경자원관리) (서울) Safety Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) 채용(채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.12||[프리미엄] (미국 캘리포니아) 인터렉스코리아 그래픽디자이너 채용||2018-09-22|
|공지||2018.08.10||[프리미엄] 주인도한국문화원 프로그램 팀장 채용||2018-08-30|
|공지||2018.08.10||[프리미엄] 2018년도 영국 청년교류제도(YMS) 추가 참가 안내||2018-08-21|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] (캐나다) 주몬트리올총영사관 행정직원 채용||2018-08-19|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] KOICA 해외 사무소장(개방형 직위) 채용||2018-08-22|
|공지||2018.08.04||[프리미엄] LG전자 체코지점 현지직원 채용||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.08.07||[프리미엄]★★국내외 대사관/문화원/무역관 최근(8월 7일까지 종합) 15개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.08.04||[프리미엄] 주인도 한국문화원 비상임 큐레이터 채용||2018-08-22|
|공지||2018.07.03||[프리미엄] (호주) 노인복지사 취업(간호사,간호조무,사회복지사) 채용||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.03.27||[프리미엄] (해외) 2018년 굿네이버스 해외파견직원 상시 채용||2018-12-31|
|공지||2016.04.17||[프리미엄]★★★해외취업 자가진단(Self Test)(미국 캐나다 호주 싱가포르 등)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 열람이 가능합니다.|
|14642||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] (캐나다) 여행사 Travel Agent for Airline Ticketing(항공권 판매원) 2명 채용||2018-08-22|
|14641||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] (미국) Stratio, Inc, 서버개발자 채용||2018-08-24|
|14640||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] (미국) 웹 디자이너 2명 채용-영주권 후원||2018-08-31|
|14639||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] (뉴질랜드) 현대로템 뉴질랜드 지사, 전기/기계 철도차량 정비원 채용||2018-10-31|
|14638||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] (뉴질랜드) Tasman PFV, 용접 엔지니어 채용||2018-10-31|
|14637||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] 2018년외교부 JPO 선발 국제기구의 직종(17개 직종) 및 자격 조건 종합||2018-09-14|
|14636||2018.08.15||[프리미엄] (호주) 신한은행 시드니지점, Accounting Manager 채용||2018-08-24|
|14635||2018.08.15||[프리미엄] 주독일 한국대사관 행정직원 채용||2018-08-25|
|14634||2018.08.15||한국국제문화교류진흥원 해외통신원 채용||2018-08-31|
|14633||2018.08.15||(싱가포르) Customer Service(Korean Speaking) 채용 (채용시 마감)|
|14632||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내외 대사관/문화원/무역관 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 15개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|14631||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]주한캐나다대사관(서울) Common Service Assistant 채용||2018-08-19|
|14630||2018.08.14||[프리미엄] 주한영국대사관(서울) Trade Policy & Market Access Officer 채용||2018-08-27|
|14629||2018.08.14||주한영국문화원(서울) Sales Course Consultant 채용||2018-08-26|
|14628||2018.08.14||월드비전 서울 송파 복지관 사회복지사 채용||2018-09-02|
|14627||2018.08.13||(홍콩근무) PM (Project Manager) 채용 (외국계금융사) (채용시 마감)|
|14626||2018.08.13||(싱가포르) 동남아지역 물류 사업개발 및 Key account Manager 채용||2018-09-07|
|14625||2018.08.13||[헝가리] 부다페스트 한인학교 교사 채용||2018-08-22|
|14624||2018.08.13||(일본) IT기업 인프라 엔지니어 직원(정규직) 채용||2018-12-28|
|14623||2018.08.13||(독일) Pantos Logistics Germany GmbH 유럽지역 인사총무 담당자 채용||2018-09-30|