(관리/행정) 2020 UN YPP Exam: Management & Administration (for external applicants), P2 채용
2020 YPP Exam: Management & Administration (for external applicants), P2
Job Code Title:
ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Department of Operational Support
NEW YORK; ADDIS ABABA; BANGKOK; BEIRUT; GENEVA; SANTIAGO; VIENNA; OTHER; NAIROBI;
01 September 2020 - 31 October 2020
Job Opening Number:
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
These positions are located primarily in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) and the Department of Operational Support (DOS) in NY HQ, the Divisions of Administration at Offices Away from Headquarters, similar Services/Sections in Offices in the Field, or any Office in need of one of the included profiles. Associate Officers typically report to a senior officer, i.e. a unit chief or section chief.
The Young Professionals Programme examination in Management and Administration covers a range of positions in the areas of human resources management, general administration and management, accounting, payroll/accounts payable, finance, budget, procurement, audit, investigation, evaluation and management analysis, analytics and business intelligence, and programme Management.
Some of the key responsibilities of an Associate Officer in Management and Administration would be (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Management and Administration Associate Officers):
• Human Resources Management: assist in the development of strategies; align priorities; provide information; formulate policies; and carry out programmes in the full range of human resources management issues, covering recruitment, learning, benefits and entitlements, performance management, staff administration and wellbeing.
• General administration and management: provide support on management and maintenance of physical facilities, equipment, and communication and transportation systems.
• Accounting: review, approve, reconcile and process a range of accounting transactions on a regular and recurring basis; approve/confirm that proposed commitments or expenses for goods and services, as well as those pertaining to personnel, are in accordance with the UN Financial Regulations and Rules, relevant appropriations and staffing tables and corresponding approved allotments; assist with the preparation of cash-flow statements for multiple accounts on a monthly basis ;
• Payroll/accounts payable: maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; administer and approve payroll payments in enterprise resource planning systems ; prepare summary reports of earnings and deductions; balance accounts by investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies; complete payments by verifying and approving vendor invoices; charge expenses to appropriate cost centers and record corresponding entries.
• Finance: review, analyse and assist in the finalization of budgets and resource justification of project proposals, ensuring compliance with the financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the United Nations; check monthly/quarterly and yearly mission accounts, accounts receivables and payables for submission to UN Headquarters; review and reconcile various clearing accounts and investigate erroneous/invalid entries to take appropriate corrective accounting action; record bank charges, revaluation, exchange rates between the bank and UN rates and other transactions; perform bank reconciliation on a daily basis.
• Budget: forecast resource requirements and prepare and monitor budgets for departments and offices; analyse expenditures and give recommendations on appropriation of funds and optimal utilization of resources.
• Procurement: plan procurement action, review and analyse requirements; identify potential sources of supply; conduct due diligence review of suppliers' capability and qualification; solicit and evaluate bids, proposals and quotations to ensure overall competitiveness and conformity to specified requirements; authorise purchases in line with delegated authority or recommend approval of awards in accordance with the Financial Regulations and Rules, established policy and procedures; participate in negotiations and prepare a variety of reports, correspondences and documents on procurement related matters.
• Audit: document, evaluate and test systems, and control to determine their adequacy and effectiveness with respect to compliance with policies and procedures, accomplishment of management's objectives, reliability and integrity of information, economic use of resources, and safeguarding of assets.
• Investigation: participate in investigation of cases of alleged misconduct, malfeasance, mismanagement, waste of resources, abuse of authority or violations of UN Rules
• Evaluation and management analysis: assist in the review of the relevance, efficiency, and effectiveness of Organizational programmes, and provide recommendations on structures, processes and management systems
• Analytics and Business Intelligence: use different data warehouse, reporting and analytical tools to create reports from multiple sources, and support decision-making across the organisation; manage data transactions, run queries and ensure timely data retrieval; investigate and solve specific reporting and data issues.
• Programme Management: participate in the analysis, planning, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities of the organization.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
At least a first-level university degree (i.e., Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree of at least three years) in one of the following areas (to be selected from the “Main Course of Study” dropdown menu):
- Business & Administration
- Environmental Protection
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Security Services
- Social & Behavioural Science
- Social Services
Important: when preparing your application in Inspira, please choose the field of study that is closest to your degree, from the "Field of Study" dropdown menu, and write the exact title of the degree (both in its original language and its translation in English or French). Do not select "other" for main course of study or field of study.
No work experience is required. Relevant work experience may be taken into consideration as an additional screening criteria when more than 60 candidates from the same country apply to the same exam area.
Fluency (speaking, reading, writing, understanding fluently) in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
The assessment process is divided into 3 stages:
1. Screening of applications,
2. Written examination taken online,
3. Oral examination.
Knowledge of UN languages may be tested at any of these stages.
• Applications will be screened based on the eligibility criteria in this Job Opening.
The written examination will be conducted via an online testing platform. Candidates convoked for the written examination will be responsible for identifying and securing a location suitable for them to complete the examination (i.e., a computer with a reliable internet connection). Further information regarding the online testing platform and exam preparation guidance will be provided to those convoked for the examination.
The written examination is planned to be offered in two parts, with the following tentative timeframe (exact dates to be announced on the UN Careers YPP Page):
• Part I, in early 2021, consists of 1) the General Paper, which assesses written communication and other competencies and abilities critical to success in working in an international affairs context, and 2) first part of the Specialized Paper, multiple choice questions which assess knowledge and attributes relevant to the exam area.
• Part II (1-2 months after part I) consists of the second part of the Specialized Paper, constructed response items (i.e., open-ended questions) which assess knowledge and attributes relevant to the exam area. Only examinees successful in part one of the online exam will be invited to participate in the second part.
• Only examinees who are successful in the overall written examination will be invited to the oral examination. The oral examination will be conducted via online video conference. The oral examination will assess the key competencies for the job family, as described in the Job Opening. Part of the final assessment stage, either before, during or after the oral examination may include an element to verify the candidate’s answers given in the Specialized Paper as well as the information in the Personal History Profile submitted. The anticipated timeframe for the oral examinations is sometime in Spring/Summer 2021.
• The purpose of the present Job Opening is to invite applications from external candidates who wish to take the 2020 Young Professionals Programme (YPP) examination in Management and Administration. Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the YPP Careers Page to learn more: careers.un.org/ypp. UN Secretariat staff members who are eligible to apply through the “G to P” or “G to N” track must not apply through this Job Opening.
• Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Have at least a first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or at least a three-year equivalent) in the main course of study listed in the Education Section of this Job Opening;
2. Be 32 years old or younger by the end of this year (born on or after 1 January 1988);
3. Be fluent in either English or French; and
4. Have the nationality of a participating Member State. The participating Member States for the 2020 YPP are:
Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
If more than 60 applicants from the same country apply for the same exam area, those applicants will be further screened and ranked according to points given for the following additional qualifications: highest level of education completed, knowledge of official UN languages, and relevant work experience. The “top 60” applicants per country per exam area will be convoked to the first stage of the online exam. A maximum of 40 applicants per country per exam area will move forward from the first stage of the online exam to the second stage, based on exam performance.
• APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT SCANNED COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS, AS ATTACHMENTS IN THEIR APPLICATIONS, TO BE CONSIDERED.
1. Passport or a valid identification document issued by a state authority, showing your name, birth date and nationality, including a clear photograph;
2. Documentation of University degree(s) (e.g., diploma, transcript or similar official document), reflecting the main course of study selected.
• Submitting applications for more than one YPP exam in a given year will result in automatic disqualification in all.
• Success in the YPP exam process will result in placement on a roster of eligible candidates for selection into specific vacancies which may arise over the course of a three-year period (beginning from when the roster is established).
• Upon selection, successful YPP candidates will be initially appointed at the P-1 or P-2 level depending on their qualifications. Those appointed at the P-1 level shall be promoted to a position at the P-2 level following a minimum of two years of satisfactory performance and depending on the availability of posts.
• Applicants should monitor the UN Careers YPP Page (careers.un.org/ypp) frequently. Important notifications and updates will be posted there.
• Click “apply” to activate the Virtual Assistant or Chatbot, Alba, in Inspira. Alba will answer questions about YPP.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
|2021.10.11||공지||KOICA 해외봉사단 파견 재개 일정 안내 (KOICA 봉사단/A~C그룹)|
|2021.04.27||공지||KOICA 해외봉사단 파견직종별 필수자격 안내|
|2019.03.31||공지||★★★월드잡 해외진출역량 진단 검사|
|2018.11.07||공지||★★★호주 워킹홀리데이 체류 최장 3년으로 1년 늘려|
|2021.12.09||259||(미국) 주미국한국대사관 관저요리사 채용||2021-12-17|
|2021.10.11||258||KOICA 해외봉사단 파견 재개 일정 안내 (KOICA 봉사단/A~C그룹)|
|2021.04.27||257||KOICA 해외봉사단 파견직종별 필수자격 안내|
|2021.03.29||256||[모집] 2021년 KOICA 리턴프로그램 창업팀(~4. 18.(일) 23:59까지)||2021-04-18|
|2021.02.04||255||주교황청대사관 관저요리사 채용||2021-02-12|
|2021.01.04||254||(창업) 2021 상반기 Z-CAMP 프로그램 참여기업 모집(1.1~1.31)||2021-01-31|
|2020.12.21||253||(미국) 주시카고총영사관 관저요리사 채용||2020-12-28|
|2020.12.05||252||★★2021-2023 OECD Young Associates Programme 채용(2020년 1월 이후 졸업자 ~ 2021년 9월 졸업 예정자)||2021-01-04|
|2020.11.08||251||2020년 UNV 전문봉사단(8기) 및 청년봉사단(9기) 추가모집||2020-11-22|
|2020.11.02||250||★★ [제12회 채용설명회] EBRD(유럽개발은행) JPO DCF (Analyst)(개발/금융) 채용||2020-11-04|
|2020.11.02||249||★★ [제12회 채용설명회] EBRD(유럽개발은행) JPO JD (Analyst Economics)(경제) 채용||2020-11-04|
|2020.11.02||248||★★ [제12회 채용설명회] EBRD(유럽개발은행) JPO JD (Analyst Sector Economics)(경제) 채용||2020-11-04|
|2020.10.16||247||주스위스대사관 관저요리사 채용||2020-10-28|
|2020.09.07||246||(커뮤니케이션) 2020 UN YPP Exam: Global Communications, P2 채용||2020-10-31|
|2020.09.07||245||(정무/인권) 2020 UN YPP Exam: Political Affairs and Human Rights Affairs, P2 채용||2020-10-31|
|2020.09.07||»||(관리/행정) 2020 UN YPP Exam: Management & Administration (for external applicants), P2 채용||2020-10-31|
|2020.08.31||243||2020년 9월 이후 공공기관 채용일정|
|2020.08.31||242||2020년 9월 이후 공공기관 채용일정|
|2020.08.16||241||월별 개방형 직위 채용공고|
|2020.08.03||240||주미국대사관 관저요리사 채용||2020-08-05|