|Posting Title:||Programme Officer (Anti-Corruption), P3|
|Job Code Title:||CRIME PREVENTION AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime|
|Posting Period:||09 October 2017 - 07 November 2017|
|Job Opening Number:||17-Drug Control and Crime Prevent-UNODC-85653-R-Dakar (E)|
This is a project post. Filling of this position is subject to funding availability and the initial appointment will be for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
The United Nations is Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
Dakar is classified an A and a family duty station.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the UNODC Regional Office for West and Central Africa (ROSEN), in Dakar (Senegal). The incumbent will report to the UNODC Representative, ROSEN. S/he will receive substantive and policy guidance from senior and other officials in the Corruption and Economic Crime Branch (CEB), Division for Treaty Affairs (DTA), UNODC Headquarters, Vienna, and in ROSEN. Within the duration of the assignment, the incumbent might be posted for shorter periods in national anti-corruption agencies of the respective region.
Within assigned authority, the Programme Officer (Anti-Corruption) will carry out a range of functions in support of the mechanisms to improve countries’ national capacity in ratifying and implementing the UN Convention against Corruption. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes and projects in the area of anti-corruption and judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Monitor and analyze programme and project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; ensure follow-up actions.
• Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources in the field of anti-corruption with a focus on judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Provide support and expertise for the coordination of policy development in the area of anti-corruption, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
• Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. policy and programmatic reports, draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications relevant to the work of the project team.
• Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
• Design and conduct training workshops and seminars; make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Cooperate and coordinate with field offices and other relevant entities on matters pertaining to anti-corruption with a focus on judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Participate in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
• Monitor and review best practices, methodologies and programmes in the area of anti-corruption.
• Perform other work related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Has knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the area of corruption and judicial/prosecutorial integrity. Has knowledge of the work of the United Nations in crime prevention and criminal justice, in particular substantive knowledge of the United Nations Convention against Corruption. Has good knowledge of the legislative aspects of preventing and combating corruption, including their international dimensions. Is able to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Has conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research, data collection and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, preferably in international law or criminal law, social sciences or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in one or several of the following areas is required: working within or providing advisory services to anti-corruption bodies; investigating and/or prosecuting corruption cases in an anti-corruption agency, law enforcement, prosecution services or the judiciary; developing, implementing and evaluating technical assistance programmes; anti-corruption and/or governance related work in international organizations or non-governmental organizations. Work experience at the international level including within the United Nations system or similar international organizations, particularly in servicing intergovernmental bodies and in preparing policy and programmatic reports, as well as in project or programme management, is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised fluency in English and French with excellent drafting and communication skills is required. Knowledge of Portuguese, Spanish and/or other United Nations official languages (Arabic, Chinese and Russian) is highly desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, including but not limited to, respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to, whether they have committed or are alleged to have committed criminal offences or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the At-a-Glance on "The Application Process" and the Instructional Manual for the Applicants, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The screening and evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications, including but not limited to, their education, work experience, and language skills, according to the instructions provided on inspira. Applicants will be disqualified from consideration if they do not demonstrate in their application that they meet the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations. Applicants are solely responsible for providing complete and accurate information at the time of application: no amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at midnight (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
|공지||2018.02.19||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(2월 19일까지 종합) 19개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.02.15||[프리미엄]★유네스코 아태교육원(UNESCO APCEIU) (서울) 국제교류사업 3개 분야 직원 채용||2018-03-01|
|공지||2018.02.15||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) (한국인) Operations Support Assistant 채용||2018-03-07|
|공지||2018.02.15||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) (초급) Associate Professional – Division of Country Programming 채용||2018-02-21|
|공지||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★동아시아-대양주 철새이동경로 파트너십(EAAFP) 사무국 Communication Officer 채용||2018-02-25|
|공지||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★IOM(서울) (한국인) Project Coordinator 채용||2018-03-02|
|공지||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★IOM(서울) (한국인) National Policy and Liaison Officer 채용||2018-03-02|
|공지||2018.02.14||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) PRINCIPAL ECONOMIST (경제) 채용||2018-03-06|
|공지||2018.02.15||[프리미엄] ASEF(아시아유럽재단) Project 직원 채용||2018-03-11|
|공지||2018.02.13||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Campaigner(캠페인) 채용(채용시 마감)||2018-02-28|
|공지||2018.02.13||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Community Outreach Campaigner(캠페인) 채용||2018-02-28|
|공지||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(2월 13일까지 종합) 17개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.02.12||[프리미엄] UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 기업후원 담당 경력 인재 채용||2018-02-21|
|공지||2018.02.12||[프리미엄] 유네스코 물안보국제연구교육센터(UNESCO i-WSSM) 교육출판팀장 채용||2018-02-25|
|공지||2018.02.12||[프리미엄] UNITAR 제주국제연수센터 연수기획관 및 연수행정관 채용||2018-02-23|
|공지||2018.02.09||[프리미엄] 동아시아-라틴아메리카 협력포럼(FEALAC) 사이버사무국 연구원 채용||2018-02-25|
|공지||2018.02.09||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) ICT Business Analyst / Project Manager 3명 채용||2018-02-23|
|공지||2018.02.08||[프리미엄] UNESCO아시아태평양 국제이해교육원 (서울) 사업보조인력 채용||2018-02-21|
|공지||2018.02.08||[프리미엄]★OECD(파리) (초급) Junior Policy Analysts/ Research(통계) 채용||2018-02-25|
|공지||2018.02.07||[프리미엄]★Greenpeace(서울) Deputy Director Data, Insight & Strategy 채용||2018-03-06|
|공지||2018.02.01||[프리미엄]★ ICRC(국제적십자위원회) 한국사무소(서울) Communication Officer(커뮤니케이션) 채용||2018-02-20|
|공지||2018.02.01||[프리미엄] ★Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Front end developer(웹) 채용|
|공지||2018.02.01||[프리미엄]★ GGGI(서울) Principal, Green Investment Services(녹색투자) 채용||2018-02-20|
|공지||2018.02.01||[프리미엄]★ Amnesty(국제앰네스티한국지부) 데이터 담당 간사 채용||2018-02-25|
|공지||2018.01.30||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(1월 30일까지 종합) 14개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.12.28||[프리미엄] UN사무국(인천) 6개 직위 인턴 채용||2018-02-27|
|공지||2017.12.20||[프리미엄] 10 useful tips for UN interviews:|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.07.28||국제금융기구 한국인 직원 현황(2017.7.28)|
|공지||2017.07.25||★★2017년 UN 전문직 직원 급여 소개|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|8297||2018.02.19||[프리미엄] ★★2018년 World Bank 본부 한국인 JPO(사회·도시개발국) 채용||2018-03-30|
|8296||2018.02.19||[프리미엄] ★★2018년 World Bank 본부 한국인 JPO(환경·천연자원국) 채용||2018-03-30|
|8295||2018.02.19||[프리미엄] ★★2018년 World Bank 본부 한국인 JPO(정보기술국) 채용||2018-03-30|
|8294||2018.02.19||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(2월 19일까지 종합) 19개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|8293||2018.02.19||[프리미엄] APEC 사무국(싱가포르) Executive Director 채용||2018-03-31|
|8292||2018.02.19||[프리미엄] UN ESCAP(베이징) PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER 채용||2018-03-30|
|8291||2018.02.15||[프리미엄]★유네스코 아태교육원(UNESCO APCEIU) (서울) 국제교류사업 3개 분야 직원 채용||2018-03-01|
|8290||2018.02.15||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) (한국인) Operations Support Assistant 채용||2018-03-07|
|8289||2018.02.15||[프리미엄] ASEF(아시아유럽재단) Project 직원 채용||2018-03-11|
|8288||2018.02.15||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) (초급) Associate Professional – Division of Country Programming 채용||2018-02-21|
|8287||2018.02.15||ADB(아시아개발은행) Senior Financial Control Officer(재정) 채용||2018-03-06|
|8286||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★IOM(서울) (한국인) Project Coordinator 채용||2018-03-02|
|8285||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★IOM(서울) (한국인) National Policy and Liaison Officer 채용||2018-03-02|
|8284||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★동아시아-대양주 철새이동경로 파트너십(EAAFP) 사무국 Communication Officer 채용||2018-02-25|
|8283||2018.02.14||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) PRINCIPAL ECONOMIST (경제) 채용||2018-03-06|
|8282||2018.02.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(2월 13일까지 종합) 17개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|8281||2018.02.14||세이브더칠드런(서울) 해외사업부 교육사업 평가 및 분석 담당자 채용||2018-03-01|
|8280||2018.02.13||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Campaigner(캠페인) 채용(채용시 마감)||2018-02-28|
|8279||2018.02.13||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Community Outreach Campaigner(캠페인) 채용||2018-02-28|
|8278||2018.02.13||ADB(아시아개발은행) Budget and Management Services Specialist 채용||2018-02-26|