|Posting Title:||Programme Officer (Anti-Corruption), P3|
|Job Code Title:||CRIME PREVENTION AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime|
|Posting Period:||09 October 2017 - 07 November 2017|
|Job Opening Number:||17-Drug Control and Crime Prevent-UNODC-85653-R-Dakar (E)|
This is a project post. Filling of this position is subject to funding availability and the initial appointment will be for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
The United Nations is Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
Dakar is classified an A and a family duty station.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the UNODC Regional Office for West and Central Africa (ROSEN), in Dakar (Senegal). The incumbent will report to the UNODC Representative, ROSEN. S/he will receive substantive and policy guidance from senior and other officials in the Corruption and Economic Crime Branch (CEB), Division for Treaty Affairs (DTA), UNODC Headquarters, Vienna, and in ROSEN. Within the duration of the assignment, the incumbent might be posted for shorter periods in national anti-corruption agencies of the respective region.
Within assigned authority, the Programme Officer (Anti-Corruption) will carry out a range of functions in support of the mechanisms to improve countries’ national capacity in ratifying and implementing the UN Convention against Corruption. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes and projects in the area of anti-corruption and judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Monitor and analyze programme and project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; ensure follow-up actions.
• Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources in the field of anti-corruption with a focus on judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Provide support and expertise for the coordination of policy development in the area of anti-corruption, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
• Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. policy and programmatic reports, draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications relevant to the work of the project team.
• Provide substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
• Design and conduct training workshops and seminars; make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Cooperate and coordinate with field offices and other relevant entities on matters pertaining to anti-corruption with a focus on judicial/prosecutorial integrity.
• Participate in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
• Monitor and review best practices, methodologies and programmes in the area of anti-corruption.
• Perform other work related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Has knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the area of corruption and judicial/prosecutorial integrity. Has knowledge of the work of the United Nations in crime prevention and criminal justice, in particular substantive knowledge of the United Nations Convention against Corruption. Has good knowledge of the legislative aspects of preventing and combating corruption, including their international dimensions. Is able to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Has conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research, data collection and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, preferably in international law or criminal law, social sciences or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in one or several of the following areas is required: working within or providing advisory services to anti-corruption bodies; investigating and/or prosecuting corruption cases in an anti-corruption agency, law enforcement, prosecution services or the judiciary; developing, implementing and evaluating technical assistance programmes; anti-corruption and/or governance related work in international organizations or non-governmental organizations. Work experience at the international level including within the United Nations system or similar international organizations, particularly in servicing intergovernmental bodies and in preparing policy and programmatic reports, as well as in project or programme management, is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised fluency in English and French with excellent drafting and communication skills is required. Knowledge of Portuguese, Spanish and/or other United Nations official languages (Arabic, Chinese and Russian) is highly desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, including but not limited to, respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to, whether they have committed or are alleged to have committed criminal offences or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the At-a-Glance on "The Application Process" and the Instructional Manual for the Applicants, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The screening and evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications, including but not limited to, their education, work experience, and language skills, according to the instructions provided on inspira. Applicants will be disqualified from consideration if they do not demonstrate in their application that they meet the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations. Applicants are solely responsible for providing complete and accurate information at the time of application: no amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at midnight (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
|공지||2017.10.23||[프리미엄](다수직종) 50 newest jobs on the UN Job List 채용|
|공지||2017.10.23||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(10월 23일까지 종합) 17개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2017.10.21||[프리미엄★★EBRD(유럽개발은행)(영국 런던) 초급전문가(JPO) 2명 채용||2017-11-06|
|공지||2017.10.21||[프리미엄]★UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 아동정책/심의 담당 경력 인재 채용||2017-11-02|
|공지||2017.10.20||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) (한국인) Security and Safety Assistant (경찰출신 우대)채용||2017-11-08|
|공지||2017.10.19||[프리미엄] Amnesty(국제앰네스티한국지부) 총무담당 간사 채용||2017-10-29|
|공지||2017.10.18||[프리미엄]★Greenpeace(서울) Digital Content Creator(홍보팀 디지털 컨텐츠 담당자) 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(미얀마) Technical Specialist, P-3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(베트남) (초급) Mine Action Support Officer, P1-P2 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(우간다) (초급) Programme Officer, P-2 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(튀니지) Programme Specialist on Administrative Governance(거버넌스), P-3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(콜롬비아) Multilateral Cooperation Office, P-3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNESCO(네팔) (초급) Monitoring And Evaluation Officer, P-2 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNESCO(세네갈) Programme Specialist(Monitoring and Evaluation), P-3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNESCO(탄자니아) (초급) Project Officer, P-2 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNICEF(DR콩고) Nutrition Specialist(영양)(M&E), P-3 채용||2017-10-30|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNICEF(가나) (초급) Adolescent and Youth Engagement Officer(청소년), P-2 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNICEF(모잠비크) Program Officer(Monitoring and Evaluation) P-3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNICEF(요르단) Information Management Officer P2-P3 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.10.14||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Principal Evaluation Officer 채용||2017-11-08|
|공지||2017.10.13||[프리미엄]★UNESCO아태교육원(서울) 국제이해교육/세계시민교육 사업 담당 정규 직원 채용||2017-11-12|
|공지||2017.10.13||[프리미엄]★UN ESCAP(인천) Economic Affairs Officer(경제), P3 채용||2017-11-10|
|공지||2017.10.13||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) (초급) Portfolio Analyst 채용||2017-11-02|
|공지||2017.10.12||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Online Platform Development Consultant 채용||2017-10-30|
|공지||2017.10.12||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) Deputy Director-General (DDG_GGPI)(사무차장) 채용||2017-10-25|
|공지||2017.10.08||[프리미엄] OECD(파리) (초급) Junior Economist(경제) 채용||2017-10-29|
|공지||2017.10.05||[프리미엄] ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Quantitative Market, P-1 채용||2017-11-05|
|공지||2017.10.05||[프리미엄] ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Market Analyst, P-2 채용||2017-10-29|
|공지||2017.10.03||[프리미엄] UN APCICT(인천) Director, Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development, D1 채용||2017-10-31|
|공지||2017.09.30||[프리미엄]★Amnesty(국제앰네스티한국지부) 한국지부 사무처장 채용||2017-11-24|
|공지||2017.09.29||[프리미엄] WHO 제13기 이종욱 Global Young Frontier 4~8명 선발 모집(일정 금액 지원)||2017-10-27|
|공지||2017.09.01||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(동아시아지부) Direct Dialogue Manager 채용|
|공지||2017.08.30||[프리미엄] UNESCO ICM(국제무예센터) 무예연구사업/행정분야 직원 3명 채용||2017-12-31|
|공지||2017.08.29||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) Database Administrator 채용|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.07.28||국제금융기구 한국인 직원 현황(2017.7.28)|
|공지||2017.07.25||★★2017년 UN 전문직 직원 급여 소개|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|7874||2017.10.24||[프리미엄] EBRD(유럽부흥개발은행) 유급 인턴 5명 채용||2017-11-06|
|7873||2017.10.24||[프리미엄] [입찰공고] UNESCO 아시아태평양 국제이해교육원 주거래 여행사 선정||2017-11-29|
|7872||2017.10.24||[프리미엄] AfDB(아프리카개발은행)) Korea Special Internship Program (한국인 유급인턴) 5명 채용||2017-11-06|
|7871||2017.10.24||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Senior International Experts 채용||2017-11-15|
|7870||2017.10.23||[프리미엄](다수직종) 50 newest jobs on the UN Job List 채용|
|7869||2017.10.23||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(10월 23일까지 종합) 17개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|7868||2017.10.21||[프리미엄★★EBRD(유럽개발은행)(영국 런던) 초급전문가(JPO) 2명 채용||2017-11-06|
|7867||2017.10.21||[프리미엄]★UNICEF한국위원회(서울) 아동정책/심의 담당 경력 인재 채용||2017-11-02|
|7866||2017.10.21||IDB(미주개발은행) MIF Operations Specialist 채용||2017-10-25|
|7865||2017.10.21||UN 관리국(뉴욕) Capacity Development Officer(능력개발), P4 채용||2017-12-02|
|7864||2017.10.21||AfDB(아프리카개발은행) Principal Power Engineer(전력) 채용||2017-10-30|
|7863||2017.10.20||IRENA(국제재생에너지기구) Programme Officer – Policy, P-3 채용||2017-11-01|
|7862||2017.10.20||[프리미엄]★GCF(인천) (한국인) Security and Safety Assistant (경찰출신 우대)채용||2017-11-08|
|7861||2017.10.20||GCF(인천) Legal Counsel(법무) 채용||2017-11-12|
|7860||2017.10.20||GCF(인천) Senior Counsel 채용||2017-11-12|
|7859||2017.10.20||ICLEI 한국사무소 유급인턴 채용||2017-10-23|
|7858||2017.10.19||[프리미엄] Amnesty(국제앰네스티한국지부) 총무담당 간사 채용||2017-10-29|
|7857||2017.10.19||IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Research Scientist & Lab Manager 채용||2017-11-06|
|7856||2017.10.18||[프리미엄]★Greenpeace(서울) Digital Content Creator(홍보팀 디지털 컨텐츠 담당자) 채용||2017-10-31|
|7855||2017.10.17||[프리미엄]★★KMCO 6기 UNDP(베트남) (초급) Mine Action Support Officer, P1-P2 채용||2017-10-31|