Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Private Sector Transaction Support Division (PSTS) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). PSTS is responsible for providing timely and effective business support to line-level PSOD staff and is composed of three (3) teams: 1) development effectiveness; 2) integrity due diligence and technical assistance; and 3) safeguards.
PSOD provides investment capital to private sector entrepreneurs, corporates and project sponsors, as well as financial intermediaries, such as banks, throughout developing Asia. We catalyze, structure, and fund investments in privately held and state-sponsored companies across a wide range of industry sectors. Our emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB's organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. To learn more about PSOD, watch our video on “Working with ADB on Private Sector Financing”.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Transaction Support Specialist (Integrity), as a member of the Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) Team, will independently undertake and provide operational coordination on all IDD related matters. This is a hands-on role and the position will be expected to provide solutions with minimal support. The incumbent will report to Director, PSTS and will supervise national and administrative staff.
- Corporate Governance-leading, supervising and working on the following:1) assisting project teams to undertake corporate governance assessments as required under PSOD's corporate governance guidelines; 2) assisting PSOD project teams in the recruitment and supervision of external consultants, as needed, to support corporate governance assessment work; 3) managing training and capacity building activities for PSOD project teams in matters relating to corporate governance; 4) taking the lead in developing corporate governance guidelines and tool kit for PSOD projects in line with the Corporate Governance Development Framework - being developed by development finance institutions; and 5) reporting regularly to management on the status of corporate governance, identifying specific issues related to approved or pipeline projects, and on trends in the industry and amongst peers.
- Integrity and Tax Due Diligence -leading, supervising and working on the following: 1) undertaking the IDD and tax IDD process to ensure that IDD Guidelines and Tax IDD Guidelines for PSOD projects are fully compliant at all times; 2) recruiting and supervising external consultants, as needed, to support IDD and tax-related work; 3) managing the on-going training and capacity building of PSOD staff in matters relating to IDD and tax transparency; and 4) reporting regularly to management on the status of IDD and tax IDD, identifying specific issues related to approved or pipeline projects, and on trends in the industry and amongst peers.
- Project Management - participating as a mission member for PSOD project teams, providing IDD-related support and accountability for corporate governance, integrity and tax due diligence related issues; and liaising with PSOD management and Office of Anticorruption and Integrity on integrity and tax due diligence matters.
- Coordination and Strategic Support - leading, supervising and working on policy and process related activities on corporate governance, integrity and tax due diligence related matters for PSOD; and drafting, reviewing and providing comments, as needed, on policies and other papers related to operational issues in various themes and sectors.
- Knowledge Sharing - participating in, and contributing substantially to, relevant learning events and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building; and maintaining and sharing knowledge of emerging best practices in the areas of corporate governance and integrity and tax due diligence.
- Staff Supervision - acting as team leader, as needed, and supervising the work of team members and the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance; and ensuring the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree or equivalent in business, public administration, law or related fields;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the area operational integrity.
- Experience with developing or implementing management systems for corporate governance, integrity due diligence and tax due diligence.
- Experience working for a regulated, global financial institution in the private equity, asset management or funds management sectors with a focus on unlisted investments.
- International experience working in development in several countries, coordinating and working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 5-6
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three (3) years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.