|Posting Title:||Information Systems Officer (SAP BPC, SM, PS, PPM), P3|
|Job Code Title:||INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||Department of Management|
|Duty Station:||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period:||10 April 2018 - 24 May 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Information Management Systems-DM-95224-R-New York (E)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Business Planning and Consolidation, Strategic Management, Budget Formulation and Performance Management, Finance Team of the ERP/Umoja project in the Department of Management in New York. The Information Systems Officer will report to the Senior ERP Analyst.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN's human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations.
For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org.
The work plan of Umoja Extension 2, specifically in respect of Finance processes, as approved by the GA following reports A/71/390 and A/72/397.
Under the guidance of the Senior ERP Analyst, the Information Systems Officer will support the SAP BPC-SM module and be responsible for the following duties:
1. SYSTEM ANALYSIS, DEVELOPMENT and MAINTENANCE:
• Manages projects involving feasibility studies, systemic analysis, design and implementation of developments of systems and applications, such as SAP BPC, SMA, PPM and PS, and/or, participating as a member of a development team with responsibilities thereof;
• Works with business community and project staff to understand requirements and determine specifications to design and build solutions in said systems/applications, particularly to develop solutions for the financial planning and performance management;
• Develops FRICEW (forms, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and workflow) objects pertaining to design, build and maintenance of said Umoja/SAP solutions;
• Creates and maintains Reports and Input Forms in BPC using the EPM Excel add-in, configures Local Member Formulas, Context Locks etc;
• Designs, creates, configures and maintains transformation and conversion files, data manager packages, package links and manage deltas for BPC loads;
• Designs, builds and maintains Models (Admin, Dimensions, Business process flows) and supports the related creation/maintenance of Business Rules, Logic Scripts and Work Status;
• Provides support in integrating workflows developed for PPM and a custom-built Strategy Management application with SAP BRM and BPO;
• Provides guidance in respect to technical solution and implementation of new interfaces with the Umoja Solution;
• Provides support in developing user exits for data conversion/mass update transactions for Portfolio Structures, Portfolio Items, Project Management projects and Classification Hierachies.
2. USER TESTING and TRAINING:
• Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing;
• Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
3. PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
• Responsible for resolution of assigned production issues, such as missing or incorrect data loaded from ECC or flat file, forms/reports that do not work as designed, use of the EPM Add-in and/or integration issues with the custom SMA or retraction from BPC to ECC.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field and determines the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies; provides leadership on introducing technological changes; prepares various technical reports;
• Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of ERP/SAP Finance systems design, and development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex information systems. Knowledge of BPC development and integration. Ability to develop and oversee large centralized or decentralized institutional systems; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters. Knowledge of a range of computer languages and development paradigms, knowledge of organization's information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s). Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. SAP Certification on PS, BPC and BW is desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP systems. SAP Public Sector experience is required. Experience in at least three of the following areas is required:
• Integration of BPC with other SAP and non-SAP systems;
• Building, configuration and support of FI/CO/SD/FM/GM modules;
• Project and Cost Center Accounting;
• Experience in the development of FRICEW, SAP BAPI-Interface, IDOCS, user exit and BADI;
• Experience in end-to-end SAP Business Process Integration (PI);
• Experience with architecture and best practices for SAP PPM, including the development of the objects.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
This position is financed by Umoja funding. Extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
|공지||2018.08.14||★★★2018년 제22차 국제기구초급전문가[JPO] 17개 직위 공개경쟁선발시험 시행계획 공고||2018-09-14|
|공지||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.08.13||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Project Research Assistant 채용||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.08.12||★★2018년도 외교부 JPO 영어 점수 하향 조정|
|공지||2018.08.10||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Outreach Planner(대외접촉협력) 채용 (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) Finance Director 채용(채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄](비용제공) 2019년 상반기 미주기구(OAS) 파견 인턴 선발 공고||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Digital Communications Strategist 채용(채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.07||[프리미엄] ★★UNHCR 한국대표부(서울) Snr PSP(Private Sector Partnerships) Assistant (G5) 채용||2018-08-19|
|공지||2018.08.07||[프리미엄] ★★★ 2018년 파견 UNV 전문봉사단(제6기) 6개 직위 추가모집||2018-08-28|
|공지||2018.08.04||[프리미엄] ★Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC) (아시아 지역) Manager, Climate Action 100+ 채용||2018-08-17|
|공지||2018.08.06||[프리미엄] APEC 기후센터 직원(기후과학 선임연구원) 채용||2018-08-30|
|공지||2018.08.01||[프리미엄] UNESCO 물안보국제연구교육센터 일반직 5급 공개 채용||2018-08-20|
|공지||2018.07.28||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Senior Private Sector Climate Specialist 채용||2018-08-26|
|공지||2018.07.25||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Outreach Planner(대외접촉협력) 채용 (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.07.18||[프리미엄] MSF(국경없는의사회)(서울) Head of Finance and Administration (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|8913||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] 2018년 JPO 선발 직종(17개 직종) 자격 요건 종합(마감: 2018.9.14)||2018-09-14|
|8912||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] OECD(파리) Energy Analyst - Desk Officer(에너지) 채용||2018-09-18|
|8911||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] AIIB(아시아인프라투자은행) Senior Advisor to the President for Client Relations and Programming 채용||2018-08-31|
|8910||2018.08.15||★★★UNCITRAL(상거래법위원회)(뉴욕) 한국인 JPO in Legal Affairs, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8909||2018.08.15||★★★UN DPA(정무국) (뉴욕) 한국인 JPO in Political Affairs, P-2 채용|
|8908||2018.08.15||★★★OECD(파리) 한국인 JPO Talent Management Co-ordinator, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8907||2018.08.15||★★★IRENA(국제재생에너지기구) 한국인 JPO Associate Programme Officer, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8906||2018.08.15||★★★ICJ(국제사법재판소)(헤이그) 한국인 JPO in International Administrative Law, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8905||2018.08.15||UNEP(유엔환경계획) PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER (Graphic Designer)(그래픽디자인), P3 채용||2018-09-13|
|8904||2018.08.14||★★★2018년 제22차 국제기구초급전문가[JPO] 17개 직위 공개경쟁선발시험 시행계획 공고||2018-09-14|
|8903||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|8902||2018.08.14||EIB(유럽투자은행) Business Analyst 채용||2018-09-14|
|8901||2018.08.14||UN DESA(제네바) (초급) Associate Programme Expert, P2 채용||2018-08-24|
|8900||2018.08.14||UN ESCAP(방콕) Economic Affairs Officer(경제), P4 채용||2018-09-22|
|8899||2018.08.14||UNMISMM(말리) (초급) ASSOCIATE GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION OFFICER(지리정보), P2 채용||2018-08-27|
|8898||2018.08.13||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Project Research Assistant 채용||2018-08-31|
|8897||2018.08.13||GCF(인천) (인턴) Risk Management and Compliance Intern 채용||2018-08-31|
|8896||2018.08.13||OECD(파리) Nuclear Scientist(핵 공학) 채용||2018-09-14|
|8895||2018.08.13||IMO(국제해사기구) (초급) PROJECT TECHNICAL ANALYST (P.2), P-2 채용||2018-09-06|
|8894||2018.08.13||IMF(국제금융기구) Information Technology Officer (Technology Integration) 채용||2018-08-23|