|Posting Title:||Associate Programme Management Officer, P2|
|Job Code Title:||Associate Programme Management Officer|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Human Settlements Programme|
|Posting Period:||11 April 2018 - 25 May 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Programme Management-UNHABITAT-95072-R-Nairobi (E)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. Urban Planning Frameworks have changed very little in the past 50 years, despite huge changes in the urban world, and a new approach is required which links planning to legal instruments and a sound financing and economic rationale. The Urban Planning and Design Branch (UPDB) of UN-Habitat supports countries in developing urban planning methods and systems that address current urbanization challenges. It promotes urban planning approaches to address urban expansion and transformation.
This position is in the Urban Planning and Design Branch. The Associate Programme Officer will report to the Head Quarter (HQ) Steering Committee Coordinator of the Future Saudi Cities Programme (FSCP). The overall supervision will be by the Coordinator, Urban Planning and Design Branch. This role involves overall coordination, programme management and substantive integration in UN-Habitat operational and normative activities, with focus on the FSCP.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc. monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Review of Outputs and support to three-pronged approach and substantive discussions among Urban Land, Legislation and Governance Branch (ULLGB), UPDB, Urban Economy Branch (UEB), City Prosperity Initiative, youth and gender units.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning and facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Participates in survey initiatives; assists with design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides substantive support to Project Board and Steering Committee meetings (preparation of documents, contribution to Agenda and Action points).
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Support to HQ Steering Committee as Secretary and as a Special Assistant of the Steering Committee Coordinator
- Supporting substantive integration across outputs, and quality control, in collaboration with all activity coordinators and the Programme Leader
- Performs other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to assist with data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Minimum advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in sustainable urban planning, urban governance, or related field of urban affairs administration, management, economics that is relevant for sustainable urban development and advising on urban planning frameworks and institutions. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in project /programme management is required. Experience in urban planning and governance and strong knowledge of issues in sustainable urbanization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. Fluency (both oral and written) in English is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Appointment against this position is for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension.
Staff members are subject to the authority of Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. Online applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided.
If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance through the Inspira "Need Help?" link.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
|공지||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] 주UN한국대표부(뉴욕) Researcher/Administrative Assistant on Human Rights and Social & Cultural Affairs Issues 채용||2018-05-11|
|공지||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] 주UN대표부(뉴욕) 선임연구원 채용||2018-04-23|
|공지||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Communications Associate 채용||2018-05-02|
|공지||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Communication Specialist, IS-3 채용||2018-05-10|
|공지||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] UNHCR 한국대표부(서울) (한국인) Associate Donor Relations Officer (NOB) 채용||2018-04-29|
|공지||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] UN OHCHR(인권사무소) (서울) NATIONAL OFFICER (Legal) (법무), NO-C 채용||2018-04-23|
|공지||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] MSF(국경없는의사회)(서울) Human Resources Generalist(HR 인사) 채용||2018-04-30|
|공지||2018.04.17||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(4월 17일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.04.14||ASEAN-Korea Center(서울) Project Assistant (유급 인턴 : 월 176만원) 채용||2018-04-22|
|공지||2018.04.13||[프리미엄] OECD(파리) (초급) Junior Economist(경제) 채용||2018-05-07|
|공지||2018.04.12||★★[사전공지] 2018년 2차 KOICA 다자협력전문가(KMCO, 7기) 모집일정 및 제출서류 안내||2018-06-11|
|공지||2018.04.12||[프리미엄] ★★ICRC(국제적십자위원회)(서울) Legal Officer 채용||2018-04-30|
|공지||2018.04.11||[프리미엄] ERM(환경국제기구)(서울) Accountant(회계사) 채용||2018-04-27|
|공지||2018.04.10||[프리미엄] Amnesty International(서울) 데이터 담당 간사 채용||2018-04-25|
|공지||2018.04.10||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(4월 10일까지 종합) 18개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.04.06||[프리미엄] TCS(한중일3국협력사무국)(서울) Administrative Assistant 2명 채용||2018-05-06|
|공지||2018.04.06||[프리미엄] MSF(국경없는의사회)(서울) Director of Finance and Administration(재정.행정) 채용||2018-04-30|
|공지||2018.04.06||[프리미엄]★★2018년 파견 UNV 청년봉사단(제7기) 30명 모집||2018-04-29|
|공지||2018.04.06||[프리미엄] GGGI(서울) Chief Financial Officer(재정) 채용||2018-04-26|
|공지||2018.04.04||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Country Operations Support Assistant 채용||2018-04-23|
|공지||2018.04.04||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Associate Counsel 채용||2018-04-24|
|공지||2018.04.03||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Project Officer 채용||2018-04-22|
|공지||2018.03.31||[프리미엄]★Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Digital Communications Strategist(커뮤니케이션) 채용|
|공지||2018.03.31||[프리미엄] ERM(환경자원관리)(서울) Assistant Consultant 채용(화학,기계,수공학 전공자)||2018-04-27|
|공지||2018.03.26||[프리미엄] ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Information Systems Officer, P-1 채용||2018-04-22|
|공지||2018.03.25||[프리미엄] ADB(아시아개발은행) Investment Specialist(투자) 채용||2018-04-23|
|공지||2018.03.21||[프리미엄] ERM(환경국제기구)(서울) Principal Consultant(화학), Product Stewardship 채용|
|공지||2017.12.20||[프리미엄] 10 useful tips for UN interviews:|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2017.07.28||국제금융기구 한국인 직원 현황(2017.7.28)|
|공지||2017.07.25||★★2017년 UN 전문직 직원 급여 소개|
|공지||2017.03.05||[프리미엄]★★UN 자가 적성 테스트(UN Self-Assessment)|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|8499||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] 주UN한국대표부(뉴욕) Researcher/Administrative Assistant on Human Rights and Social & Cultural Affairs Issues 채용||2018-05-11|
|8498||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] AIIB(아시아인프라투지은행) Internal Auditor(내부감사) 채용||2018-05-07|
|8497||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Associate Professional – Communications Design 채용||2018-05-03|
|8496||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Communication Specialist, IS-4 채용||2018-05-10|
|8495||2018.04.20||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Results Framework Specialist 채용||2018-05-13|
|8494||2018.04.19||유네스코아태무형유산센터 대체인력 채용||2018-04-25|
|8493||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] 주UN대표부(뉴욕) 선임연구원 채용||2018-04-23|
|8492||2018.04.19||ITC(국제무역센터) (초급) Associate Programme Officer, P-2 채용||2018-04-24|
|8491||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Communications Associate 채용||2018-05-02|
|8490||2018.04.19||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Communication Specialist, IS-3 채용||2018-05-10|
|8489||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] UNHCR 한국대표부(서울) (한국인) Associate Donor Relations Officer (NOB) 채용||2018-04-29|
|8488||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] UN OHCHR(인권사무소) (서울) NATIONAL OFFICER (Legal) (법무), NO-C 채용||2018-04-23|
|8487||2018.04.18||[프리미엄] MSF(국경없는의사회)(서울) Human Resources Generalist(HR 인사) 채용||2018-04-30|
|8486||2018.04.18||Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Campaigner(캠페인) 채용|
|8485||2018.04.18||AIIB(아시아인프라투자은행) Private Sector Operations Specialist - Equity/Structured Products 채용||2018-05-07|
|8484||2018.04.17||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(4월 17일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|8483||2018.04.17||IMF(국제통화기금) (미국 Washington, DC) Economist (경제) 채용||2018-05-11|
|8482||2018.04.17||ITU(국제전기통신연합) (제네바) Information Security Analyst and Network Engineer 채용||2018-06-03|
|8481||2018.04.16||UNESCO본부 PROGRAMME SPECIALIST(교육), P-4 채용||2018-05-09|
|8480||2018.04.16||IAEA(베엔나) (초급) Associate Web and Outreach Coordinator(P2) 채용||2018-05-27|