Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the Vice President for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex. The Complex is responsible for (i) providing leadership and visibility for the Bank on economic, finance, financial governance and socio economic development issues; and coordinate the generation of analytical works to inform operational policy; (ii) systematically emphasize the critical role of knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and their tangible impact on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies. The Complex will inspire, generate and provide direct support to the President and Senior Management of the Bank on a broad range of technical and management issues within the broad remit of economic, finance, public financial governance, management and social economics.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’s core mandate has been to position the Bank as a trusted broker of knowledge in the pursuit of Africa’s development and make it a world class center of excellence advocating for evidence based policy making. The Complex is therefore responsible for the management of Bank Group knowledge produce. This includes knowledge generation through strategic and applied research, knowledge measurement embedded in statistical and data work, knowledge generated from operational and field experiences, and knowledge sharing through dissemination, networking and partnerships. Hence the Complex’s activities can broadly be categorized as: (i) providing the knowledge base to support the effectiveness of Bank Group Operations and policy dialogue in Regional Member Countries; (ii) Capacity development in Regional Member Countries and Sub-Regional Organizations in statistics, project and economic management; and, (iii) Leadership in coordination of knowledge advocacy, financial and economic governance in Africa.
Under the guidance of the Chief Economist, the Lead Economist drives the Bank’s leadership in building sustainable competitive economies in the Regional Member Countries. He / she contributes to policy dialog and coordinates the Bank’s economic analytical work, with the view to spur a culture of excellency and stewardship for the Bank’s clients and partners. The Lead Economist enhances the Bank’s branding in providing high standard economic advice to the clients in alignment with the donor community in the Regional Member Countries.
1. Ensure the Bank is at the forefront of economic development knowledge and practice in support to the Regional Member Countries’ effective management of macroeconomic policy.
2. Leading the preparation of country strategy papers, in collaboration with the regional directorates and other stakeholders inside and outside the Bank.
3. Developing partnerships with the other knowledge departments within the Complex and in and outside the Bank, and ensure that the highest level of knowledge is incorporated in the design of Bank strategies and operations.
4. Leading production of flagship reports on country economic issues
5. Leading the prioritization of the High 5s in country strategy papers in collaboration with the regional directorates and other stakeholders.
6. Leading the application of economic research generated inside and outside of the Bank, to the development and review of economic policy solutions tailored to the specific circumstances of each Regional Member Countries.
7. Coordinating the work of country economists in the Bank towards improved harmonization of approaches and standards of quality
8. Leading the production of country-relevant, timely, analytically sound, and reliable policy advice for Regional Member Countries.
9. Monitoring economic conditions and policies in Regional Member Countries and providing policymakers with well researched insights about developments in their economies.
10. Provide advice and guidance on core Bank policies, strategies and processes for greater Bank effectiveness.
11. Foster the Bank’s position on high level strategic issues in relation to economic governance.
12. Enhance the Bank’s comparative advantage and quality assurance in delivering its development goals to the Regional Member Countries.
13. Design, lead and oversee the implementation of the Bank’s knowledge strategy.
14. Manage and monitor the complex’ economic research agenda.
15. Support the economic work transformation venture across the Bank, in coordination with other relevant Bank Units.
16. Coordinate partnership with sister institutions on high level economic development initiatives in support to the Regional Member Countries.
17. Contribute to knowledge generation and outreach.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
|공지||2018.08.14||★★★2018년 제22차 국제기구초급전문가[JPO] 17개 직위 공개경쟁선발시험 시행계획 공고||2018-09-14|
|공지||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|공지||2018.08.13||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Project Research Assistant 채용||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.08.12||★★2018년도 외교부 JPO 영어 점수 하향 조정|
|공지||2018.08.10||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Outreach Planner(대외접촉협력) 채용 (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) Finance Director 채용(채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄](비용제공) 2019년 상반기 미주기구(OAS) 파견 인턴 선발 공고||2018-08-31|
|공지||2018.08.09||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Digital Communications Strategist 채용(채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.08.07||[프리미엄] ★★UNHCR 한국대표부(서울) Snr PSP(Private Sector Partnerships) Assistant (G5) 채용||2018-08-19|
|공지||2018.08.07||[프리미엄] ★★★ 2018년 파견 UNV 전문봉사단(제6기) 6개 직위 추가모집||2018-08-28|
|공지||2018.08.04||[프리미엄] ★Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC) (아시아 지역) Manager, Climate Action 100+ 채용||2018-08-17|
|공지||2018.08.06||[프리미엄] APEC 기후센터 직원(기후과학 선임연구원) 채용||2018-08-30|
|공지||2018.08.01||[프리미엄] UNESCO 물안보국제연구교육센터 일반직 5급 공개 채용||2018-08-20|
|공지||2018.07.28||[프리미엄] GCF(인천) Senior Private Sector Climate Specialist 채용||2018-08-26|
|공지||2018.07.25||[프리미엄] Greenpeace(서울) (한국인) Outreach Planner(대외접촉협력) 채용 (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2018.07.18||[프리미엄] MSF(국경없는의사회)(서울) Head of Finance and Administration (채용시 마감)|
|공지||2017.08.06||★★국제기구 자가진단 테스트 Available!|
|공지||2015.11.10||★★프리미엄 공고는 정회원과 골드회원에게만 연람가능합니다.|
|8913||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] 2018년 JPO 선발 직종(17개 직종) 자격 요건 종합(마감: 2018.9.14)||2018-09-14|
|8912||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] OECD(파리) Energy Analyst - Desk Officer(에너지) 채용||2018-09-18|
|8911||2018.08.16||[프리미엄] AIIB(아시아인프라투자은행) Senior Advisor to the President for Client Relations and Programming 채용||2018-08-31|
|8910||2018.08.15||★★★UNCITRAL(상거래법위원회)(뉴욕) 한국인 JPO in Legal Affairs, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8909||2018.08.15||★★★UN DPA(정무국) (뉴욕) 한국인 JPO in Political Affairs, P-2 채용|
|8908||2018.08.15||★★★OECD(파리) 한국인 JPO Talent Management Co-ordinator, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8907||2018.08.15||★★★IRENA(국제재생에너지기구) 한국인 JPO Associate Programme Officer, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8906||2018.08.15||★★★ICJ(국제사법재판소)(헤이그) 한국인 JPO in International Administrative Law, P-2 채용||2018-09-14|
|8905||2018.08.15||UNEP(유엔환경계획) PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER (Graphic Designer)(그래픽디자인), P3 채용||2018-09-13|
|8904||2018.08.14||★★★2018년 제22차 국제기구초급전문가[JPO] 17개 직위 공개경쟁선발시험 시행계획 공고||2018-09-14|
|8903||2018.08.14||[프리미엄]★★국내소재 국제기구 최근(8월 14일까지 종합) 13개 직위 신규 채용 정보 종합|
|8902||2018.08.14||EIB(유럽투자은행) Business Analyst 채용||2018-09-14|
|8901||2018.08.14||UN DESA(제네바) (초급) Associate Programme Expert, P2 채용||2018-08-24|
|8900||2018.08.14||UN ESCAP(방콕) Economic Affairs Officer(경제), P4 채용||2018-09-22|
|8899||2018.08.14||UNMISMM(말리) (초급) ASSOCIATE GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION OFFICER(지리정보), P2 채용||2018-08-27|
|8898||2018.08.13||[프리미엄] IVI(국제백신연구소)(서울) Project Research Assistant 채용||2018-08-31|
|8897||2018.08.13||GCF(인천) (인턴) Risk Management and Compliance Intern 채용||2018-08-31|
|8896||2018.08.13||OECD(파리) Nuclear Scientist(핵 공학) 채용||2018-09-14|
|8895||2018.08.13||IMO(국제해사기구) (초급) PROJECT TECHNICAL ANALYST (P.2), P-2 채용||2018-09-06|
|8894||2018.08.13||IMF(국제금융기구) Information Technology Officer (Technology Integration) 채용||2018-08-23|