Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Knowledge Support Division within the Department of Communications (DOC). DOC works to communicate ADB's policies, and information on ADB operations and their impact on developing member countries, to internal and external audiences. It supports operational, knowledge and other operational support departments, and sector and thematic groups in assembling and presenting knowledge from their respective activities. It is also the focal point for all public information activities including building relations with media, managing the external website and Bank's publishing program, and leading internal communications and ADB's information disclosure requirements. It supports ADB Management's public communications and outreach strategies to raise the Bank's profile and position ADB as a knowledge bank.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with relevant departments and offices to support the (i) capturing of knowledge content embedded in ADB's programs, projects, practices and various initiatives; and (ii) collaborating with external partners for sharing their knowledge content through ADB; and (iii) disseminating knowledge through print publications, digital communications, and other various formats. The incumbent will report to the Director of DOC's Knowledge Support Division (DCKD) and will supervise National and Administrative staff.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of approaches to capturing practical tacit and explicit knowledge, and the integration of these approaches into ADB operations and knowledge work.
- Support departments, offices, and sector and thematic groups in (i) identifying and capturing tacit and explicit knowledge from their respective programs, projects and other initiatives; (ii) packaging this knowledge into accessible formats; and (iii) effectively disseminating knowledge to external and internal audiences, through a range of channels including broadcast, print, and digital media.
- Management and maintenance of a digital platform for dissemination of knowledge.
- Draft and edit knowledge-related content
- Liaise, cooperate, and coordinate with designated country and institutional knowledge partners, including “centers of excellence”, multilateral development banks (MDBs), and development agencies to establish collaborative relationships that enable them to make their knowledge resources visible and accessible to ADB and its developing member countries.
- Contribute to efforts to raise awareness and understanding of ADB's knowledge sharing programs and approaches among internal and external audiences, including the provision of hands-on support and training on knowledge sharing approaches.
- Supervise and guide national and administrative staff in collaboration with other international staff and in line with DCKD objectives toward achieving DOC deliverables.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and reporting of a suite of performance indicators for knowledge support provided by DOC.
- Support other DOC initiatives as assigned by Director, DCKD.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in business, social science, or a relevant ADB sector or thematic area, or a university degree in these areas combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience including international work experience.
- Experience in the production (writing and editing) and digital dissemination of knowledge products is highly desirable.
- A well developed and deeply rooted commitment to working in a collaborative and sharing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 1 - 4.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.